Tuesday, 8 September 2015

Swim-Bike-Run...(Hike-Golf-Camp?)

London Triathlon
Spencer and Jason Fitzgerald decided to do England's largest triathlon this summer.
Both, highly competitive, determined to finish first...even if it was by a second...
Mary and I took the six kids into the city and enjoyed the Science Museum that morning, then joined the guys
to become their photographers and fans. Luckily it was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun watching them. This event ran like clock-work and was so impressive to see all the participants.
Spencer and Jason Fitzgerald
 Nick, Ben, Josh, Ty, Ike and Anne
I love this picture! I can't imagine two dads feeling more loved than at this moment. 

 Yes...that is the Thames...yes, it looked SO hard and cold.
Luckily it was a beautiful day.
Jason and Spence on the bike


Giving 'high-fives' to their ultimate fans!


Way to go guys!!!

Lakes District
Keswick
Alyson Frost and her kids invited us to come up for a couple of night to the Lakes District. That little town you can see off to the left is called Keswick. Oh my goodness, this place is stunning! We got to stay in a little cottage and hike their tallest mountain in the area. It was a LEGIT hike up Mount Skiddaw. In some places straight up on shale. The pictures don't really portray how steep it was, or how high it was, but it was hard work. The kids weren't as keen during the hike to finish, but when they saw this view, they changed their minds. All we heard was, "This is awesome! This is the coolest hike ever! I can't believe I just did that!" Good times..


 Anne, Anne and Caitee Frost
 Ty, Tyler, Ike and Josh



 Josh and Trevor adding their rocks to the peak!

 Our first view of the surrounding areas
I add my "Happy Mom Moment" to all the other mom's out there! 
Alyson and me
 It was cold, and windy, and we still loved it :)

Ty and Trevor
Ike, Tyler and Ty
 Ike was loving the wildlife

 Alyson pointing to our hiking accomplishment point!
Mount Skiddaw
 Preston England Temple
 The next morning we had to drive back and we stopped in Preston to see the temple there. The grounds and building were so beautiful. We look a little tired, but it was so great to see.



 I feel so blessed to be these kid's mom. They are truly amazing to me.




 Kew Palace and Gardens
So to be completely hones, Kew Palace is not terrible exciting,
but the Gardens were absolutely breathtaking.






Mini Golf with the kids!
Ty, Trevor, Ben, Nick, Caitee, Anne, Tyler, Anne, Ike and Josh


 Young Women's Beehive Camp
Camp Bentley Copse 
near Gilford/Shere
This is the DARLING village of Shere. This is where the movie
"The Holiday" was filmed! 
A beautiful old church built back in the 1200's

Girls camp games!
Darling Amelia with her Aunie Helen racing in one of the games!
Archery
Scripture study about the creation
And Joshy at the Carroll's, while I was at Girls Camp, holding his first real Kazakstan knife! 

FSY (EFY) in Nottingham
For the Strength of the Youth week long camp
Ike and 16 other youth from Staines met in Nottingham with 400 other youth from around England for a week long church camp. I was asked to go up at the end and chaperone them coming home. When I picked them up, all I heard around me was laughter, funny stories and how much they wished they could all stay longer. The kids had the best time together and it was so great to hear their excitement for the time they had had!
 This was Ike's group - (I knew Tyler, Matthew Knight and Ike)
Ike with Aaron McCluckie 




No comments:

Post a Comment