2016 International Fair!
This fair has got to be one of the most amazing events I have ever been to! I loved it so much last year, I decided to be the co-chair for the event this year. Boy did I ever learn a lot! This event is a major undertaking and it turned out to be a huge success! We received so many positive remarks after it was over.
This is the logo designed by one of the kids in grade 4. We had a competition and this
was decided as the best logo to represent this year's motto:
Actively Building Community through Fostering Social and Emotional Well-Being.
After six months of planning, we pulled off the largest International Fair at ACS Egham history.
Clarissa Allyon, from Argentina, is truly a gifted event planner. I have NEVER witnessed so much organization of a school event. She had more spreadsheets, email contacts, rapport with the other parents and community members. I was literally in awe by her serious skills! It was really a treat to work along side her.
These are the other three ladies who did the lion's share of the fair
Maria (Argentina), Lisa (South Africa), Renata (Czech Republic), Carissa and me.
(And in case you were wondering.. USA had a "western theme" this year.)
This is the gift basket and raffle table. We had the most stunning baskets filled with fabulous items.
We raised over 4500 pounds! (Note: It is a free to enter the event and all the food is complimentary too!)
This is just the money raised from selling raffle tickets!
Country reps were given the option to have space for their "country's" sport,
if they were wanted to organized the area. The USA did baseball and football toss.
Traditional sand art called Rangoli from India.
One of the mom's from the school offered to make one for this event!
It was spectacular to watch her make it. I am such a goof for not taking pictures of her making it!
FOOD STALLS!
Spain
Azerbaijan and Russia
Slovakia, Sylvania and Czech Republic
Italy
Germany
India
East Asia
Canada
Brazil
Sweden
Netherlands
England
United States of America
South Africa
Austrailia
The raffle ticket table
So this is my favorite part, the international parade!
It's SO inspirational to watch all 40 countries walking in waving their flag!
We had Fifa songs being played! Everyone was clapping to the beat and cheering the children on.
The children were absolutely beautiful. Magical moment in one room.
Jenny Pfaff was the backbone to this part of the event.
Jenny Pfaff was the backbone to this part of the event.
Clapping along with all the other parents was so inspiring as we realize how beautiful diversity is...
France
Egypt, Sudan, Syria, Jordan
The displays of food were absolutely breathtaking and fabulously delicious! Wow! (This was the Middle East!)
Belgium
The Jag Shop - (where you can buy ACS gear)
Julie, Jason, Mary, Traci and Tamatha
Julie, Jason, Mary, Traci and Tamatha
Sitting and enjoying their food outside in the tent while listening to our live band music.
I "roped" Spencer into selling raffle tickets
Spencer with a fellow Astra Zeneca mate: Rodney Gillespie
They are holding up the bag we had made. Every family received a shopping bag for coming to the fair!
Our special guest entertainer...Sam Petchey! and his beautiful wife Vicki.
Sam plays for the Royal Military Band and has played for the Queen numerous times.
This is the same Sam Petchey who serves in the bishopric with Spence! (connections!!!)
I had to show that Ike was there :)
Sam literally brought the house down with his music! I've never seen keys roll like they did
when he jammed on the piano! It was INCREDIBLE!
Vox Mundi Women's Choir
I got caught on camera trying a sweet treat from the England table!
Family Updates
Ike had work experience week and was placed in a mechanic shop. He didn't get to choose his placement,
but he learned so many great things as well as some really hard things.
This has been a big year for Ike.
but he learned so many great things as well as some really hard things.
This has been a big year for Ike.
Ike, Ty and Josh hanging out at Miguel and Antonio's home!
Football on the green! Almost a daily routine.
Anne, Ty, Josh, Nick and Ben Fitzgerald and Antonio Larrucea
Ike studying for seminary - I thought I'd get a picture of it. He read the Old Testament this year.
He has had early morning class at 6:00-6:50am! We are almost done! Yahoo!
After season dinner for Ike's varsity basketball team.
Ben, Liam, Iyanu, Kostov, Ike, Jakub, Carl, Aiden, Alex, Coach and Mrs. Sonderman
Playdate with Dominic Lee
Ty was in charge of Activity Days for primary. They decorated pots and planted flowers.
Luke Knight, Josh, Trevor Frost, Adam Petchey, and Ty
Below: Hannah Barron, Anne and Anne Frost
Anne and Hannah at YW - creating fashion with recyclable materials.

Wow!! What an amazing event!! You are amazing Britty! Your talents are on beautiful display!! What an adorable niece and nephews I have!! All doing such good things!!❤️❤️❤️
ReplyDelete