Appendectomy, Winter Formal, ACS Achievements, Rome Temple, Staines Ward & 98th B-day!
The school nurse called me as told me Josh had a tummy ache. I went to the school and picked him up. I brought him home, and checked him out. He said he had pain in his bellybutton. I have him some oils to rub on his tummy, helped him with a bath and then tucked him in the bed where I was working. He couldn't get very comfortable but didn't say a lot. The evening wore on and he still didn't eat much and was acting ill. I took him up to his room and tucked him in there. I was honestly not worried. Then at 1:30 in the morning (of course) he came downstairs really complaining. I was SOOOOO tired, I couldn't even open my eyes. I had him crawl into bed with me and he tossed and turned. Then he ran to the bathroom and threw up. I was starting to worry. Then I asked him where his pain was again...he pointed to his lower right hand quadrant...Oh great...I said, "Josh, grab your coat and let's go to the hospital." Spencer was so tired and stayed with the other kids. Of course it was the one night in England when it was snowing so hard, we could barely get down the roads. But we made it and within 4 hours, Josh was in surgery having an emergency appendectomy.
Thank goodness for great modern medicine. We had fabulous surgeons and nurses and he was treated really well. I didn't leave the hospital fro two days. We just hunkered down and read, watched movies and he felt so much better.
Josh has amazing siblings.
The results of our major snowstorm the night before! haha
Mom sent me this cute picture of Nanny and Uncle Gary and Mary Kay and Roger's cabin in Island Park.
Rome Temple Trip
I'll be honest, Josh's appendectomy didn't come at the most ideal of times...and yet it was really good that it happened at home and we were able to identify it so quickly...but we had planned a trip to to see the Rome Temple open house. Josh and I were so sad to miss it! But Spencer and the kids jumped on the flight and left at the crack of dawn, spent 4 hours touring the temple and the temple grounds, then jumped back on the plane and came back home that night! Spence said the kids were so great. Never complained, loved the temple, and they had a great time together. OH how I will miss these quick get-aways into Europe.
I know my children will always have a special love for the Rome and Paris temples because of their open house experiences. All their reports came back as "absolutely beautiful, incredible grounds, stunning temple, coolest visitors centre..."
I am so grateful for the blessings of the temple and that my children are developing their own love for it.
We are so blessed to have so many temples on the earth today.
Spencer said it rained almost the entire time they were there. The kids were wet, but never complained!
You cannot leave Rome without gelato!!
And apparently, Anne and Spence did the quickest shopping spree and found Anne a Winter Formal dress for the next weekend. oh! what fun they had!
MS Awards
Ty received the Silver academic award AND the Leadership award which is
selected on by the teachers. Way to go Ty!
Josh had his Grade 5 Business day. He developed "Go Green Smoothies".
It was so impressive. We had a day where parents would come around and visit each stand and ask questions about the children's business. Josh did a wonderful job.
Josh talking to Lauren Schlossberg about his business.
Winter Formal
The beautiful Perlei Toor invited to Ike to Winter Formal. She and Ike have been great friends during their years at ACS. She is vegan, and it can be difficult ordering at a restaurant, so I made a delicious vegan meal for the two of them and Ty and Josh were their servers! They were so cute.
I got to do Anne's hair for the dance and it looked so beautiful!
She has the greatest hair!!
Anne in her cute Italian cut dress that she bought with her daddy in Rome!
Celine, Anne and Alev
Emma, Anna, Alex, Kristin, Celine, Anne and Alev - What gorgeous young women!
Ike and Anne met up at the dance and had pictures taken together!
Haha! Aren't they so cute?!
Ty at Gabe Roach's birthday party.
We felt so honored to have the baby blessing of the Jacob's family in our home. Sister Jacob is not yet a member, so she was not comfortable doing it at church, but she and her husband still wanted their little girl to be blessed. It was a very lovely afternoon. We were fortunate to have the elders with us as well - Elder Perady and Elder Miriny
Brother and sister Jeff and Jennifer Jacob
Ike was invited by Brother Gonzales to baptize his son Seras. He did the nicest job.
It was so special and Ike's first opportunity to baptize.
Nanny turnes 98!
My beautiful, amazing grandmother turned 98 on March 10th. She is a gem in every single way. She is positive, helpful and generous, so talented, grateful, loyal, funny and wonderful in every way. We love you so much Nanny. Happy Birthday xxxxx
I'm so grateful for Jennifer, Natalie and Misti for putting together a beautiful birthday dinner for her. It sounds like they had the best time together.
Josh, Mitch, Julia, Nanny, Kerry, Natalie, Rusty and Vanessa.
Nanny played the piano flawlessly while everyone sang "Happy Birthday to you!"
HS Play - 12 Angry Men
Anne was a star in the HS production
12 Angry Men - Boy! could she act angry!
They did such a great job.
(Honestly, she was a VERY cute boy! haha!)
Nina Garcia and Anne
Ginger Brown, Noah Gutmann, ?, Ava , Anne, ?, ?
Our dear friends the Petchy's (Sam, Vicky, Amelia, Annie, Adam and Isaac) as well as Nicola (Leo and Noah) Cusdan over for Sunday dinner. It was a GREAT evening together.
We woke up on a Saturday morning to this AWESOME surprise!!
Way to go Ike!! BYU Cougars!!!
I love the mornings with these amazing children.
Miranda and Chase announce that they are expecting their first baby!
Spencer received tickets tot the Chelsea Match in London from President Ball.
These boys came home cheering with all new Chelsea swag!
This is my favorite garden in Windsor Park (Heather Gardens). and these trees and heather absolutely slay me...every.single.time. x




































No comments:
Post a Comment