Vox Mundi Choir Tour
Budapest, Hungary
These amazing women have been such an incredible joy to sing around the world with and I am so grateful for my time with them as especially their friendships. This is my third and final (because we are moving) choir tour. And oh! was I thrilled when I found out we were going to Budapest. I absolutely LOVE this city. It's one of my very favourites.
1st Row: Iona Ryan, Laura Blom, Gina Goodrich, Geraldine Scott, Stella Therond
2nd Row: Jen Bell, Harriet Roach, Lene McCormick, Gabriella Ahlstrom, Birgitta Andersson
3rd Row: Jane Mitchell, me, Carmel Kelly, Val Macaulay, Elizabeth Keszi
Back Row: David Barby (pianist)
Matthias Church
Hungarian Parliament Building from Fisherman Bastion
Fisherman's Bastion
Hungarian Chimney Cakes (Kürtóskalács)
I freaked when we saw these! These are my absolute favorite!!! Absolutely incredible.
Cinnamon, dough, glaze-filled with Nutella on the inside! Are you kidding me?
Dohány Street Synagogue
The 2nd largest synagogue in the world - absolutely beautiful. Capacity of 2,964 seats
Built between 1854-1859
It consists of the Great Synagogue, the Heroes' Temple, the graveyard, the Memorial and the Jewish Museum - It was the border of the Jewish Ghetto during the war.
Tree of Life memorial
This is my FAVOURITE metal sculpture I have ever witnessed.
It's breathtaking and a humbling reminder of all the Jews killed during the war.
2,000 people were buried in the makeshift cemetery there at the synagogue. In memory of those who had died, there is a memorial by the sculptor, Imre Varga, depicting a weeping willow with the names and tattoo numbers of the dead.
Mazel Tov Restaurant - In Jewish Quarter
Unbelievably delicious! You MUST go x
Stella and Gabby
Val and me
The food was spectacular!
Gina showing off her chimney cake
The night streets of Budapest
The next morning we got up early to attend a local farmers market and I really loved it. SO many beautiful veggies and even some gorgeous gifts to buy.
Geraldine and Jen buying walnuts from this darling woman.
And I bought local honey from a bee farmer
Another view of Parliament
It was so much fun to go back to the Central Hall Market.
Little Princess statue sitting on the railings of the Danube
Metal shoes on the edge of the Danube where Jews were shot into the Danube by Nazi officials.
The Christmas market was in full tilt and so much fun to wander the streets.
This man just LOOKED like he prepared his entire year for this moment.
He was the perfect Christmas booth owner with the most gorgeous cookies on display.
Shopping with Jane and Gabriella
I love to find a friend who loves the chocolate lava cake as much as me!
xx with Geraldine
This Parliament just slays me!
A picture of us at our concert. It was just so much fun to be there. (I am the fourth in on the right.)
Heroes' Square is one of the city's major squares of Memorial Stone of Heroes, often referred as the
Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
I love the color of the underground tube cars
I learned about the Gunnel restaurant on my second visit to Budapest...
Oh my! You HAVE TO, SIMPLY MUST go there.
We had the most wonderful time together and I will always love and admire each of these amazing ladies.
Thank you Vox Mundi






































No comments:
Post a Comment