Battle of Hastings
October 14th, 1066
We were able to go with the Frosts to the great English battle - The Battle of Hastings reenactment this past weekend. We were lucky enough to have our dear friend, Richard, come with us. He brought is camera and unbeknownst to us, took these fabulous pictures of our day together. Hope you enjoy...
HMS Belfast Battleship Grade Three Fieldtrip with Ty
Ardelya, Nyca, Ty and Max-cutest third graders
In front of Tower Bridge
On the HMS Belfast WWII Battleship
Picture of the iconic ship
Tower Bridge and Ty!
The beautiful poppies at Tower of London
Ty playing club basketball
Beautiful family of swans
Grandpa and Grandma came to visit! Woot! Woot!
Visiting campus with the kids after watching Ike's futbol game
United Nations Day at school - the kids representing USA/Canada
On the subway going to Portobello Market in London
Shopping the streets!
After school on Friday, three little girls showed up on our doorstep asking Josh to come play. They all ran off and a few minutes later, Joshy came running back home and ran up to his room to grab his bathrobe. I asked him, "Hey Josh? What are you doing?" As he continued to run out the door, he yelled back, "Oh! We are just supposed to dress up."
I HAD to take a picture of this!
Our day on the coast in Brighton
I talked the kids into renting bicycles to ride along the coast with
Gram-Gram and Grandpa. This little city was a beautiful mix of San Francisco and Santa Cruz. It is renowned for its narrow streets called "The Lanes". Shops lined the streets and music, people and vendors were everywhere. It was a very busy day but the sun was out and we had quite the adventure.
At first, they were not impressed with the idea...
Luckily Anne kept ringing her bike bell over and over so people got out of our way!
By the middle of our ride, the kids were loving it!
We had so much fun and the day was really pretty.
Ike instigated a pick-up basketball game with a 16 year old Brazilian guy playing
on the courts by the ocean side.
It was a fun game and I could tell Ike was having a blast.
Just saying...Ike won 11/3! lol
The kids had a blast finding seashells with Grandpa
Best moment...when "Biker-Gram-Gram" beat Ike up the hill on the bike!
A little fender-bender!
Grandpa fixed it up though :)
The city was filled with UNBELIEVABLE tag art everywhere.
The Royal Pavilion - a former royal seaside retreat for George, Prince of Wales in 1811
Sunday outing to Great Windsor Park
I love this picture of Barb
Ike and Tyler
Meanwhile....
Spencer in Shanghi!
He told me he had no idea what he was eating, but it was really good.
Spencer's meeting in Shanghi (but notice how everyone is laughing and having a good time..typical Spencer :))
Onto Hong Kong!
A night view from his hotel room



















































This was such a fun post!! I kept thinking..ok, this is my favorite picture ever and then another would come up and I'd be laughing and crying…I'm just loving so many of these pictures! Super faves…you walking with Josh holding hands, Anne in her helmet and red wellies, so many of you Britt…I can't list them all…you're so beautiful and I love your hair color! Looks so good and your scarf…and vest.. so great…the shot of Spencer from the side, you and Ty looking at the camera, Joshy with his sword and then another in some kind of arch way just grinning his head off, the side shot of Ike (he's sooooooo tall!!!!), Ty on the rock wall with all the other kids, Anne looking at having to piece something together, Ike in the chain mail or however you spell that…what a great day! And the bike ride! Perfect! Love that Barb beat Ike and Ike beat the Brazillian!! Whahooo! Spencer is becoming a serious world traveler…welcome to the life Britty! Oh how I love your blog! Thank you! Oh! and the pic with the red umbrella…so great!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures. I can see how much fun everyone is having - keep it up.
ReplyDelete